Posted on April 11th, 2012 in Modelling | No Comments »
As an aspiring model, you might be aware UK Models Scam doing the rounds. However, you should be aware that the rumors of this scam are baseless and unfounded. On the contrary, Ukmodels helps you explore your full potential as a model. Below mentioned are few tips on how to ignore the UK Models Scam scuttlebutt, and take your career in the right direction with their help:
UK Models Scam: Look out for these!
- Often UK Models Reviews or Scams are advertised in the newspaper or any form of print media. Legitimate agencies almost never advertise in newspapers as they get their references from genuine sources online or through contests. If you come across an advertisement that an agency is holding auditions in a pub or maybe even a cheap hotel, beware!
- If you come across a modeling job that says ‘Be a model for free’ then it isn’t genuine. Most reputed modeling agencies will take a cut from the earnings of a model, if she gets an assignment with help of. There is no concept of ‘free’ anything in the modeling world.
- Alarm bells for a UK Models Scam should go off in your head should you read an advertisement that says ‘Anyone is suitable’. Most genuine advertisements for new models will clearly specify the kind of model they need, because most projects are highly specific in nature.
- Also, should a modeling agency ask you for registration fee, make sure it is refundable should you not find any jobs through them via a stipulated time period. Sign a contract for the same, or you will have nothing to show in the court.
UK Models Scam: Know how to find legitimate agencies
Don’t be fooled in to a promise of success that scammers will always give you. These con artists are especially good at assuaging your fears, saying just the things you want to hear. This is what legitimate agencies will never do:
- Real modeling agencies like UK Models never advertise photo shoots in newspapers. They have enough aspiring models contacting them every day, and find regular new talent without approaching anyone themselves.
- Real modeling agencies like UK Models will have tie ups with legitimate websites that will give them portfolios for new faces, and that too at a cost. Also, these websites will give you NO guarantees for finding you work and will also not charge registration fee. Neither will they display your photos on their website, without your knowledge. Should you come across a website that charges a fee or says they will find you work within weeks, don’t believe them as these are examples of a UK Models Scam.
UK Models Scam: Never be fooled by these!
- Never pay anything on the first interview. A legitimate agency will not ask you to pay unless they find you a job.
- UK Models Scam are run usually by those agencies that take registration from many aspiring models and make money with just that!
- Read UK Models Agency Reviews for a better understanding about how professional modelling agencies work. Any agency giving you a 100% guarantee to find you work is a scam. In the modeling work, there are no guarantees. Never pay money again to such high promise agencies should they ask you to get a ‘special portfolio’ through them.